- Eighty per cent of the state is tree covered, which means gorgeous views from most of our roads including the main highways.
- Billboards along the roads are simply not allowed, resulting in dramatically improved views.
- With a population of only 600,000 it seems that everyone knows everyone else and are ready to provide knowledgeable information and referrals to our visitors.
- It is the “greenest” state in the US with over eighty per cent of electricity coming from non-carbon sources.
- And it’s the home of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and Cabot Cheese!
The Mad River Valley, encompassing the quintessential small towns of Warren and Waitsfield near the centre of Vermont, epitomizes the nature of the state as a whole. In our valley:
- All accommodation is locally owned and operated – no chains, no franchises – meaning that you will usually be greeted and taken care of by the people who own the B&B or small country inn you are staying at.
- All the restaurants are locally owned and operated allowing you to experience Vermont ingredients and cuisine at its best.
- Not a single set of traffic lights!