Remember when you were a kid and you made and flew your first kites? Why not relive that fun or share it with a youngster. From July 9 -18 the Mad River Valley is home to the Vermont Festival of the Great Outdoors where we shall be celebrating with all kinds of outdoor activities.
Here at West Hill House we are going to have two afternoons of kite building:
- Dates: July 14 & 15. 1pm – 3pm
- Fun for ages 8 and up. Under 16 requires an adult partner.
- Reservations required: price $18.
- Workshop limited to 15 participants. Join us for fun and then… Go Fly a Kite!
- Kite building for beginners is what we are focusing on.
Participants will be making two small paper kites and putting together and decorating a larger sled kite made out of Tyvek, a non-tearing, waterproof plastic paper which can be decorated with markers and crayons. We are reeeeeeally hoping for a nice gentle wind that afternoon so that we can test our kites.
Many other events are happening during these 10 days so there is fun for everyone… hiking, kayaking, bird watching, tennis, cycling, a family day with swimming and a scavenger hunt – all sorts of great things to do outdoors.
Call us to register for the kite building event (802) 496-7162 and check out www.vtoutdoorsfest.com for more festival activities.