Welcome to Fall in Vermont! Home of legendary landscapes and timeless traditions, don’t waste any time getting yourselves here to witness the transformation. Plus, with the holiday season approaching it’s never too early to start picking up goodies for your friends and family. All the local Farmers Markets are open for just a little bit longer, so you have a chance to see the best from local artisans.
Waitsfield – Until October 13th the Waitsfield Farmers Market can be found on the Mad River Green from 9:00am – 1:00 pm.
Montpelier – Until October 27th, the Capital City Farmers Market takes place on State Street from 9:00am – 1:00pm. In December the Winter farmers market will open up on select Saturday from 10:00am – 2:00pm on 89 Main Street.
Northfield – The Northfield Farmers Market will be ongoing every Tuesday from 3:00pm – 6:00pm, until October 16th on Northfield Common.
Upcoming Local Events
- Green and Gold Weekend (October 6th – 8th) Join Mad River Glen on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday to enjoy a number of fall events, from the Stark Mountain Hill Climb Running Race, to Fall Foliage Rides, and even live music at the Sugar Shack. Check out their full schedule for the jam-packed weekend.
- 36th Annual Stowe Foliage Arts Festival (Stowe October 5th – 7th) This is a great opportunity to see some amazing work from over 150 talented Fine Artists and Artisans. While surrounding yourself with fine art and beautiful fall foliage you can also enjoy the live music, great food, beer and wine.
- Sugarbush’s Community Day (Warren – October 6th) Start off with a Pancake Breakfast at the Fire House, an all-day Kids Activity Camp at the Schoolhouse, Scenic Lift Rides, a Magic Show back at the Schoolhouse, and much more!
- Sugarbush Oktoberfest (October 7th)This family day is followed by the always-popular on Sunday, with Photo Booths, Keg Tosses, Pumpkin Bowling, live music, and plenty of beer and food at the beautiful Lincoln Peak Courtyard of Sugarbush Resort.
- Leaf Blower Event Mountain Bike Fall Classic (Stowe – October 6th) This year’s all-abilities group rides will be put on by Stowe Trails Partnership in collaboration with Mountain Bike Vermont. When you’re done with your ride come back to the start to enjoy a cookout, local drinks, and live entertainment.
- The Big Kicker (Waitsfield – November 17th) Come and celebrate the beginning of Mad River Glen and Sugarbush’s 60th winter season at American Flatbread in Waitsfield! Join the Mad River and Sugarbush community for a night of pizza, beer, bonfire, and dancing to get you excited for the 2018 – 2019 season!
Come join us for two or more nights from October 21st to November 8th and get 50% off every day that you hit the lawn with us to do some Leak Raving for three or more hours.
Book online using the promotion code “Leak”, or you can call 802-496-7162.