The Mad River Valley area is full of year-round activities, and one of our favorite pastimes is dining out at the fantastic selection of Warren and Waitsfield VT restaurants. Not only is there an array of cuisines to choose from, but there’s also a great selection of dining styles, from upscale establishments to casual cafes and eateries. And one thing they all have in common is the practice of incorporating the beautiful abundance of local products and produce on their menus.
In the heart of the Green Mountains, the charming town of Waitsfield was founded in 1782 and neighboring Warren was founded in 1789. Both continue to have that unspoiled quality with many features of quintessential Vermont scenery. Rolling green hills, bright red barns, rustic stone walls, unique covered bridges, and beautiful fall colors are just the beginning. You’ll enjoy this gorgeous countryside on your quick drive to check out the dining scene at the local restaurants.
As a guest at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be less than 15 minutes from all of these locally-owned Warren and Waitsfield VT restaurants. We’re happy to help set up reservations for you and love to chat about the endless possibilities for a fulfilling meal around town. Join us in one of the most beautiful (and bountiful) places in the US. Check our availability and book your next stay at the West Hill House B&B today!
The 9 Best Warren & Waitsfield VT Restaurants This Winter
As a guest at our Vermont Inn, we’ll take care of your breakfast, which leaves lunch and dinner plans up to you. Exploring the dining options at these Warren and Waitsfield VT restaurants is all part of the adventure!
Here are 8 Warren and Waitsfield VT restaurants for fine-dining, casual lunches, and comfort food:
- Tucker Hill Inn: Find farm-to-table dining at its finest at this local Inn and restaurant. Enjoy a craft cocktail at the rustic wood-beam bar, dine outside on the lovely seasonal patio, and indulge in rich seafood and meaty mains in the elegant indoor seating area. This is one of the most popular of the Waitsfield VT restaurants.
- Mad Taco: For the best tacos in town, head to this Latin-inspired casual eatery. The owners source the majority of produce from their very own farm, Marble Hill in Fayston VT. Along with house-smoked meat tacos, you’ll find tasty burritos and platters for sharing.
- Stoke Ramen Bar: After a day out on the slopes, this laid-back ramen bar might be the best place to warm up with a wholesome bowl of noodle soup.
- Sage Restaurant: You’ll find Mediterranean cuisine here in the form of meze platters, Greek salads, and their signature paella. Start with a creative craft cocktail, and be sure to save room for dessert!
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids: As one of the newcomers to the list of Waitsfield VT restaurants, this taphouse and brewery offer a host of tasty beers on draft and light fare, including a hyper-local Vermont cheese and meat platter.
- American Flatbread: As one of the classic Waitsfield VT restaurants, dining at the wood-fired pizza restaurant is a must! Currently, they are remodeling their oven, but plan to be back in action by December, slinging pies with local Vermont meats, cheeses, and veggies.
- Chez Henri: Located at the Sugarbush Village in Warren, this Parisian bistro is only open during ski season. Cozy up by the romantic fireplace with traditional French dishes like poulet provencal, escargot, and steak tartare.
- The Pitcher Inn: Just minutes from our Vermont Bed and Breakfast, in the village center of Warren VT, you’ll find classic fine dining at the historic Pitcher Inn. A fantastic wine selection, elegant country decor, and farm-to-table meals all await you for a lovely, memorable night out.
Daily Homemade Breakfast Awaits You on Your Stay at our B&B
One of the best things about staying with us at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast is our fresh baked and prepared morning meal. Susan is a whiz in the kitchen and has some delicious recipes up her sleeve. Our three-course breakfasts are packed with organic produce from nearby farms, Cabot Creamery cheese and yogurt, and as always, local maple syrup. The menu changes daily, but expect dishes like a sweet pepper scramble, ginger pancakes, or a Glasgow souffle.
We serve breakfast in our cozy dining room, where many lively conversations and friendships have been formed. Although, we’re still offering private, separate seating to accommodate each group’s comfort level. We wholeheartedly believe that this is the best way to start your day on a getaway to the Mad River Valley in Vermont. Check our availability and book today!