• We know the roads well, please read and print out our detailed directions, don’t let your GPS or mapping website lead you astray as you drive to our bed and breakfast in Warren, Vermont!
• We are 45 miles (72km) southeast of Burlington airport (BTV).
• From I89 use Vermont exit 9 only (specifically not 3 nor 5, and also not exit 10 as there are extensive roadworks in Waterbury over the next two years).
• West Hill Road from Route 100 is not recommended in winter or spring, use the Sugarbush Access Road.
• From I87 head to Rutland VT, then east on 4, then north on 100.
• Our address is 1496 West Hill Road, Warren, Vermont 05674.
Click the image on the right to open the directions in PDF format to print or save on your iPhone or iPad etc. (*How do I do this?) Keep in mind that you may not have phone coverage while you are traveling. Call us if you’d like to arrive by Amtrack to Waterbury or private plane to Sugarbush-Warren airport.
Our address is 1496 West Hill Road, Warren, Vermont 05674.
The Town of Warren is located in the middle of Vermont. We are 24 miles (39km) south of the state capital Montpelier and 45 miles (72km) southeast—one hour by rental car—of the nearest commercial airport (BTV) in the state’s largest town of Burlington. If you are flying here we strongly recommend flying into Burlington even if requires a change of planes or a few more $; other airports are a significant drive from here and will usually also require a much longer time to retrieve luggage and pick up a rental car.
The Mad River flows through the town with Route 100 in its valley. The Northfield Ridge is east and the Green Mountains are on the west.
Driving Directions from Almost Anywhere to Our Bed and Breakfast in Warren, Vermont
(except SW Vermont and upstate NY – see below)
- The best way to get here from almost anywhere, including all commercial airports such as Burlington (BTV), Montreal (YUL), Boston (BOS) and Manchester (MHT), is to drive to Vermont Exit 9 (Middlesex, VT) on Interstate 89 and take Route 100B then Route 100 towards Waitsfield and Warren. We strongly caution against taking any other exits from the highway. Using the exits we recommend will not take any longer and it will save you from getting lost or taking inappropriate routes over steep passes and gravel roads, or getting stuck in roadworks!
- After you pass through Waitsfield, watch out for a CITGO gas station about three miles (approx. 5km) south on your right, followed by a bridge over the Mad River which you will cross.
- Just over the crest of the hill, turn right onto the Sugarbush Access Road and drive for 3 miles (approx. 5km) to the intersection at the Sugarbush base where you will see the parking lot exit sign in front of you. Turn left onto Inferno Road and drive one mile (1.6km), then just past a 35 mph speed limit sign turn right onto West Hill Road and you will see the B&B in front of you. Once you arrive please follow the parking directions below.
From SW Vermont and Upstate NY
- First head to Rutland VT. From Albany, NY or further south or west our favorite route is through Troy, east on NY Route 7, then north on Vermont 7 – it is quieter and a generally beautiful route.
- From Rutland head east on Route 4 then north on Route 100. Continue on 100 past the turn off to Warren and in one mile you will see West Hill Road on your left.
- In warm weather just follow it taking the left turn at each of the three forks you will come to and you will be here! Don’t be intimidated by the “Snow Tires required” sign in summer!
- In winter and spring we recommend an alternate route, as West Hill Road is steep and windy, and has a gravel surface at the top. We recommend you drive about 2 miles (3 km) further to the Sugarbush Access Road on your left, then drive for another 3 miles (about 5km) to the intersection at the Sugarbush base where you will see the parking lot exit sign in front of you. Turn left onto Inferno Road and drive one mile (1.6km), then just past a 35 mph speed limit sign turn right onto West Hill Road and you will see the B&B in front of you.
- Either way, once you arrive please follow the parking directions below. Route 100 is a beautiful drive in daylight, but it is windy and goes through small towns with reduced speed limits so take care after dark—and watch out for animals.
Traveling From Ontario or Quebec? Please Note:
The Nexus lane at Highgate Springs (at the north end of I89) is now usually open 3pm to 6pm on Fridays, and northbound into Canada the Nexus lane is usually open 7/24. If you are coming from the Ottawa area the new Route 30 southern bypass of Montreal completely avoids the traffic. Watch for the signs as you approach Montreal on Route 40. The toll on the new bridge is $2.80 by cash or credit card.
Parking Directions at Our Bed and Breakfast in Warren, Vermont
- For all rooms, except the Paris Suite and Garden Room, please park in front of our red barn diagonally. Come across to the B&B and ring the door bell to let us know you have arrived; then come on in. If there is no space in front of the barn, continue past the front of the B&B to the south side, and use the parking area on the right of the road, nose-in parking facing the house.
- For the Garden Room, drive past the front of the B&B to the south side, use the parking area on the right of the road, nose-in parking facing the house, then come to the door under the portico up the flagstone walkway. Ring the door bell at your private entrance to the room.
- For the Paris Suite drive up West Hill Extension on the right (north) side of the B&B about 100 ft (30m), turn left into the Paris Suite’s private parking spot, then use the steps up to the deck. Ring the door bell at your private entrance to the suite.
Please leave any wet or muddy footwear on the mats just inside the door—we suggest you bring a pair of indoor shoes to wear in the B&B. Should you find that you’ll be later than about 9 pm, we’d appreciate a call and we’ll give you instructions for your late arrival. We’ll give you a proper welcome in the morning!
* On an IOS device, when the PDF opens touch the top left of the screen under the menu bar. “Open in” will appear. Touch and save in your selected app — normally iBooks.