West Hill House B&B is committed to do what is economically feasible to service the accessibility needs of disabled guests.
- The West Hill House B&B is operated in a building built in 1856, and its age and structure are inherent parts of its charm;
- The structure and framing of the building mean that most external and internal doorways are 28 inches wide or less, and thus wheelchair access is not economically feasible;
- Using stairs is required to access all of our guest rooms
Our policy for Accessibility includes:
- Advising our guests on our website that the building has narrow doorways and requires using stairs for all rooms.
- Instructed our web designer to include where feasible web site compliance with ADA requirements as part of the ongoing updating the B&B website. If you have an accessibility issue on our website please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to correct it.
- The Management team is committed to reporting annually to the Board of Directors on the steps taken to support this policy.
- Providing one room (the Stetson Suite), based on availability that is suitable for guests with some disabilities not requiring wheelchair access.
The features and fittings of the Stetson Suite include:
- Located on the main floor with no stairs between it and the dining room and common areas
- A low lip shower
- Close captioning available on the TV
- Visual & audio alert of fire emergency in the room
- Grab bars to be added when the room is next re-decorated as part of our normal budget process. In the meantime, temporary grab bars have been installed
- (Note: The room is not wheelchair accessible and using stairs is required to access the building from the parking area.)