What could make for a more romantic getaway than a winter escape with your sweetheart in picture-postcard country Vermont, as peaceful as a Robert Frost poem? While watching the snowfall or glisten under shivery sunlight while snuggled under a blanket before a blazing fireplace with a hot cup of coffee or a delicious adult beverage? We don’t know, either.
What we do know: Our Bed and Breakfast in Vermont is the perfect setting for this fantasy scenario, and we want to make that fantasy come true with plenty of things to do in Vermont, nearby, for the two of you. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure or indoor relaxation, we’ve got a vacation package that’s perfect for the two of you.
Whichever you decide, you’ll be welcomed by a luxuriously appointed guest suite loaded with every amenity you could want or need, delicious and hearty New England breakfasts, cozy common rooms with comfortable couches and warm fireplaces, and much more.
So start filling out your list of things to do in Vermont, in our own Winter Wonderland, and at the top of your list, put: reserve your room at our Vermont B&B today!
8 Romantic Things to Do in Vermont During the Winter
Here’s what we suggest for your list of things to do in Vermont this season:
- Go skiing at nearby Mad River Glen or Sugarbush Resort.
- There’s no better way to work up an appetite, and an appetite for later warmth and alone time, than a day on the slopes. Start by taking advantage of our Ski and Save discounted vacation package.
- Looking for cross-country skiing or snowshoeing adventure? Explore the Enchanted Forest Walk near Waitsfield. Other great trails for this activity in the Mad River Valley can be found at Ole’s Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe Center, and at Blueberry Lake. We can arrange for an expert guide to take you on a tour – just ask us!
- See the scenic covered bridges of the Mad River Valley when they’re under a pristine layer of snow. Nothing makes for a better couples’ selfie. Start with Warren and proceed on a gorgeous 42-mile route of other area bridges put together by the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Tour the waterfalls of the Mad River Valley. They’re at their most beautiful when framed against a backdrop of snow-covered rocks and trees.
- Go hand-in-hand ice-skating outdoors at Skatium, a rink in Waitsfield.
- A horse ride can be romantic at any time of year. Come to Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm for a tour through meadows, forests and mountains of the Mad River Valley on a horse from one of the world’s oldest and most majestic breeds.
- Do the kind of shopping you can’t do anywhere else! Any list of things to do in Vermont should include the “Almost World Famous” Warren Store for gifts, and the Mad River Taste Place, where you can buy all sorts of Vermont-made edible goodies like cheeses, chocolates, meats, coffee, beer and wine.
Getting Romantic at our Vermont B&B
And if “staying in” is at the top of your list of things to do in Vermont during your romantic getaway, we’ll help you get in the spirit of a snuggle-worthy stay with our Luxurious Pampering Package.
- You’ll get two or more nights in one of our premium suites, along with six long-stemmed roses, a chilled bottle of bubbly and champagne flutes for you to keep. You’ll also get Vermont chocolates, cheese and crackers, therapeutic couples’ massages (check first for current COVID-19 restrictions), complimentary terrycloth robes and dinner for two at a local restaurant.
- To this package, you can add any number of what we like to call “Inndulgences,” such as a bouquet of seasonal flowers.
- And, should your list of things to do in Vermont suddenly expand by one, we offer an Elopement Package. We’ll provide a Justice of the Peace, a photographer, a wedding cake, corsages and boutonnieres, sparkling wine or cider, and much more.
Convinced yet that your list of things to do in Vermont should begin — and end — with our Bed and Breakfast in Vermont? If so, make your plans for a winter romantic getaway, and book your room at our Vermont B&B today!