West Hill House B&B is a non-smoking property. We can direct you to outdoor locations for smoking.
We are State licensed for the sale of alcohol. We have a nice wine cellar, as well as wine by the glass, and a selection of Vermont beers. We also have a selection of Champagnes and sparkling wines. Not forgetting our Quaich Single Malt Scotch bar. State law requires that all alcoholic drinks consumed on the premises MUST be purchased from us so please do NOT bring any alcohol into the B&B.
Special COVID-19 Policy
During the current health crisis we will be doing everything we can, based on applicable health & safety guidelines, to protect your safety while you are staying with us. However we require you to acknowledge that when you travel away from home you knowingly take the risk of potential exposure to the Corona Virus. This may happen while you are traveling, at an airport, in a car rental, gas station, restaurant, store or attraction and other places, as well as possibly at our property.
You agree that if you or anyone traveling with you or your family should be diagnosed with COVID-19 following your stay at our property, that you hereby waive any claim for any and all liability assorted with any such illness, inconvenience, loss of work or income or other loss associated directly or indirectly with your stay and hereby release now and forever, our property and our employees from any such claim for any and all damages.
West Hill House B&B is committed to do what is economically feasible to service the needs of disabled guests on our website and at the B&B. Note that the structure and framing of the 160 year-old building mean that most external and internal doorways are 28 inches wide or less, and using stairs is required to access all of our guest rooms. You can read more details in our Accessibility Policy.
Room rates start from $140 per night, double occupancy. The Allen & Stetson Suites can sleep an additional person for an extra $35 per night. Taxes are additional. A deposit of the first night’s rate per guest room is required. (During this difficult time deposits for all stays through the rest of 2020 are fully refundable in the form of Gift Certificates good for a future stay if you have to cancel. Please also see Dealing with Uncertain Times.)
Please review our other policies:
- Pets: Please leave your pets at home or please check with us for local boarding recommendations. If you are allergic to cats, please be aware that our indoor cat Snowball, is not allowed in the guest rooms however he does have full access to the common areas.
- Children: As we are a B&B to come to for quiet relaxation, we welcome children age 12 or older only.
- Architectural Features: The house is over 160 years old, and while it has been extensively modernized it largely retains its original structure. Most doorway widths are 28 inches or less, constrained by the original framing of the house, and the stairways are a bit steeper than current construction – access to all of our rooms requires at least some stairs. Please take these details into account when planning your reservation.
- Rates are per room, per night, double occupancy. Add 9% VT tax and 4% Community Marketing fee.
- High seasons are Christmas-New Years, President’s Week, Fall Foliage season and some holiday weekends. Booking early for these times is recommended.
- Extra person in room adds $35 per night per person (available for Stetson Suite and Allen Suite only).
- Deposits: A deposit of the first night’s rate is automatically charged to your credit card when your reservation is finalized. For phone bookings your deposit may be paid by check by special arrangement.
- Twin Beds: Twin bed configuration, available by advance request in the Allen Suite, Wildflower & Mountain Rooms, adds $25 per room per stay.
- Breakfast is included. We do our best to accommodate dietary needs and we ask that you let us know ahead of time. In the warmer months we have one sitting for breakfast at 8:30AM. During ski season we have one sitting at 8:00AM plus we offer a choice of a 7:15AM skier’s light breakfast on weekends – please let us know the evening before. (The complimentary skier’s shuttle bus comes at 9:00AM during the week and 8:00AM on weekends.)
- Minimum Stay: A two-night minimum stay is requested at all times and is required for on-line booking. A three-night minimum stay is required for some holiday weekends. One-night stays (except in the Paris and Logan Suites) are sometimes possible – please call us to check. Acceptance of shorter bookings is subject to our discretion, and if accepted an extra charge may apply.
- Specials: Specials, discounts and packages may occasionally be offered on our website for booking directly with us online or by phone. These can not be booked via third party organizations (e.g. Expedia, Booking. com, etc.) and they can not be combined with payment by commissionable gift certificates.
- Check-in time is 4 PM to 9 PM. Please call us if you need to arrive later than 9 PM. Check-out time is 11 AM. During your stay at the B&B you are welcome to come and go as you please.
- Smoking: West Hill House B&B is a non-smoking facility. We can direct you to outdoor locations where you may smoke. If you smoke in your room there will be a $250 charge.
- Kitchen facilities: With the exception of guests in the Logan Suite we do not offer facilities for guests to cook or heat up food.
Rates and policies are subject to change.
Payment and Cancellations at West Hill House B&B
- A deposit of the first night’s rate is automatically charged to your credit card when your reservation is finalized. For phone bookings your deposit may be paid by check by special arrangement.
- For individual room bookings if your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call or email us at least 14 days prior to your arrival date for a cheerful refund of your deposit less a fee of $20 per room night.
- For individual room bookings cancelled less than 14 days not including the day before or the day of arrival, we will be pleased to carry forward your deposit to confirm another stay for you (of at least the same duration) within 60 days; for the carry forward the new stay must be booked within 48 hours of the cancellation. Or we will offer a $70 discount when you book later for a future stay with an arrival date within one year. A cancellation within 24 hours of arrival, a no-show or early departure will be charged the full cost of the booking.
- When the whole B&B is booked for the same event (either through individual bookings or as one overall booking), for a cancellation more than 90 days before arrival we will refund your deposit(s) less $20 per room night. If you cancel later, up to 14 days before arrival, we will be pleased to carry forward your deposit(s) to confirm another all room booking for you (of at least the same duration) within 60 days – the new stay must be booked within 48 hours of the cancellation. Or we will offer a $70 per room discount when you book later for a future stay with an arrival date within one year. Cancellation within 14 days before arrival, a no-show or early departure will be charged the full cost of the reservation.
- As we need to buy ingredients and make preparations ahead of time, any specially ordered food or meals canceled less than 3 days ahead will be charged at the full rate.
- Bookings made indirectly through another channel (Booking. com, Expedia, etc.) need to be cancelled through that same channel and are subject to their policies. In general you will have more flexibility if you book direct with the B&B. Room prices are similar.
- Final payment will be due at check out and may be made in cash, by personal check, MC, Visa, Discover, AmEx or pre-approved gift certificates.
- Note that details of gift certificates that you plan to use MUST be provided and approved at the time of booking. Please note that we normally accept ONLY gift certificates issued by us, by Select Registry, by New England Inns & Resorts or by BnBFinder. Gift certificates can not be used for payment of the booking deposit.
Rates and policies are subject to change. Please call us at 802-496-7162 or email us if you have any questions.