West Hill House is a member of Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America, the premier innkeeping association in the United States and Canada. We are one of about 300 other exceptional properties who all meet the high standards set, and verified by anonymous inspection, by this leading association of quality inns.
Read what other guests have said about us in reviews posted on TripAdvisor.com.
West Hill House is usually top rated inWarren by TripAdvisor.com with one of the highest percentage of 5 star reviews in the Mad River Valley!
West Hill House is focussed on protecting the beautiful Vermont environment, and it was designated in November 2008 as Green Hotel by the Vermont Environmental & Regulatory Assistance Program. Peter & Susan were presented with a plaque recognizing this status by Governor Jim Douglas in April 2009.
For travellers planning a more extensive trip, we can personally recommend the following B&Bs in other areas:
- If you are visting Stratford, Ontario – perhaps for the annual theater season – we recommend The Duggan Place. We had a very enjoyable time in their renovated Victorian home.
- Visitors to the Lake Winnipesaukee region of NH will enjoy a stay with Pat and Mike at the Lighthouse Inn B&B on the north west shore near Meredith and Weirs Beach. We had a delightful stay there in 2005.
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn is located in Hot Springs, Arkansas overlooking a tranquil bay of beautiful Lake Hamilton. We were guests there following a busy conference and greatly appreciated the quiet beauty of the gardens.
- Riverbend Inn is one of New Hampshire’s most romantic Bed and Breakfasts. It is located in Chocorua, about 17 miles south of North Conway. It combines the hospitality and charm of a country inn with a gorgeous location among the trees on the banks of a river.
- If you plan to be the Boston or Cambridge MA area the Wellesley Bed & Breakfast on the outskirts is in the delightful town of the same name, with a train connection to town. The B&B promotes earth and cultural conscientiousness, is an allergen-free home and they are very accommodating of your dietary, life-style and medical needs.
- And for the many of our guests who have asked us for more information about Scotland, here is a good place to start.