We’re still thoroughly enjoying summer here in the Mad River Valley, but can you blame us for dreaming about the upcoming explosion of color that is to come this fall? If you’ve been searching for the best places to see fall foliage, you really needn’t look any further! Vermont has long been hailed as one of the best places to see fall foliage, and that is particularly true when you choose to visit us in Central Vermont!
Our Vermont Bed and Breakfast, located in the heart of the stunning Mad River Valley, is a spectacular place to spend a fall getaway. All around us, you can expect to see the fiery shades of fall blaze a path through the mountains. It’s breathtaking. We’re located just minutes from Sugarbush Ski Resort and the Green Mountains and offer guests several acres of gardens to explore and enjoy at their leisure.
Fall is magical – but we are very nearly booked for the season already! There are a few spots left in late September mid-week. Don’t wait any longer, though – Book your room at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast today!
6 Best Places to See Fall Foliage in Vermont
You have your tripped book, and now you’re ready to discover the best places to see fall foliage in Vermont! We’re here to help! Generally speaking, fall foliage peaks first in the northern part of the country or at higher elevations, slowly spreading south. Vermont’s fall foliage usually reaches its peak somewhere around mid-September and continues through mid-October. Even so, you can see plenty of colors both before and after those times as well. If you want to keep track of what’s happening with the foliage around here, watch the season progress on Vermont’s Fall Foliage Tracker.
Beyond just getting yourself here, finding the best places to see fall foliage doesn’t take too much work – it’s actually pretty hard to go wrong. From our seasonal gardens to mountain peaks, we’re here to help you find the best of the best, though! Here are a few of what we think of as the best places to see fall foliage in Vermont:
- Hop in the car and head out for a scenic drive on the Mad River Byway. It’s the most popular way to enjoy fall foliage because you get to see so much in one day. This trip will take you along the rural, scenic roads of central Vermont, winding through and along the Green Mountains, passing charming towns along the way, and giving you a delightful glimpse at some of the best places to see fall foliage in the area.
- If you want to get a bit closer to nature during your stay, we recommend taking a hike on segments of Vermont Long Trail. It can easily be accessed from right here in Warren, VT., and is a great way to climb high enough to get beautiful views of the mountains and valleys below.
- While you’ll find great views hiking in the mountains, they get even better when you join our friends at Sugarbush Soaring for an adventure you won’t soon forget. Quietly soaring above the colorful Mad River Valley below is beyond breathtaking.
- You can combine scenic drives with two other popular features of Vermont: Waterfalls and covered bridges! We’ve thoughtfully put together a waterfall and covered bridge itinerary for our guests, each of which will lead you to some of the best places to see fall foliage in the area.
- If you love biking, the Mad River Valley is a great place to visit. There are a lot of great biking routes in the area, and we’d be happy to recommend you some while you’re here. The Mad River Riders have extensive routes and trail maps to explore in the area. We also have bike storage in our barn if you need it.
- Sugar Bush Resort isn’t just for skiing. It’s also one of the best places to see fall foliage in the area! Scenic chairlift rides are generally offered each fall, though dates haven’t been released yet for 2021.
Don’t forget one of the easiest ways to enjoy fall in the Mad River Valley – by relaxing in our beautiful gardens! Our Vermont Bed and Breakfast sits on 9 beautiful acres with various seasonal gardens and relaxing places to sit and enjoy it all. Grab your favorite book and head out to our gazebo or hammock, and take the time to truly admire the beauty of this season in Vermont.
The Best Choice For Your Vermont Getaway
Though we’re happy to recommend to you all of the best places to see fall foliage in Vermont, it’d mean nothing if we didn’t also help you choose a welcoming and beautiful place to stay! That’s exactly what you’ll find at our quiet & secluded Vermont Bed and Breakfast. Our rural escape, located in the charming town of Warren, VT, is the perfect place to enjoy a bit of relaxation this fall.
There’s plenty to do in the area, but it’s just as special when you stay “Inn” with us, enjoying our peaceful grounds and common areas. Our Vermont Bed and Breakfast offers 9 uniquely decorated guest rooms, each of which is appointed with a fine array of amenities. Each morning of your stay, you’ll be treated to a sumptuous breakfast made from scratch right here in the kitchen.
If that’s not enough, we’ll be happy to welcome you back to the Inn each afternoon after your adventures for a happy hour with beer, wine, and a small taste of Scotland at our one-of-a-kind Quaich Single Malt Scotch bar. No one does hospitality better than our Vermont Bed and Breakfast, so while you’re in the area enjoying the best places to see fall foliage, make sure to take the time to enjoy a bit of downtime with us as well. Book your room at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast today!