Welcome! West Hill House B&B will be back ‘inn’ business soon and is accepting reservations for visits after July 1, 2020.
While you will find the same warm welcome and smile, under our face masks, things will have a bit of a different look and feel.
Our promise to you:
We have always been committed to providing our guests with a clean and safe environment. We promise to work harder than ever to do our best to maintain a clean and safe B&B. We will be following Industry, State of Vermont and CDC guidelines. We want West Hill House B&B to be inviting and comfortable for you, our guests.
What we ask of you:
Please check the current Vermont Travel Restrictions on the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development website. These are being constantly updated. Also please stay at home if you feel sick or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms. We will be pleased to rearrange your reservation if necessary.
When you are here please wear a mask and respect social distancing when you are in the common areas of the B&B – and while visiting local businesses. This requirement is now law in the State of Vermont.
Please understand that the mandated changes and guidelines we all need to follow are for the safety of everyone. Remember that regular hand washing, and not touching your face with your hands can and will help keep all of us safer. Above all – enjoy your stay and please, let us know if we can help in any way!
Here are some things that you will want to know about how West Hill House B&B is applying the new industry guidelines regarding health and safety measures during this time of Covid-19.
Before your arrival you will receive:
- Reservation confirmation, directions to download, and our policy information.
- Information regarding arrival details.
- A link to the Certificate of Compliance. Each arriving guest is required by the State of Vermont to present a completed Certificate of Compliance to the lodging operator upon arrival.
- A link to ‘Sara Alert’, a free, automated and secure reminder system to check for common symptoms of COVID-19. People visiting or returning to Vermont are encouraged to sign up to get daily reminders by email, text or phone asking if they are experiencing any symptoms. Sara Alert does not track your location.
- A ‘Touch Stay’ guide for you to access from, or download to, your laptop, tablet or phone. This guide provides much more comprehensive information about our B&B, your guest room and things to do and see while you are here.
Your B&B welcome:
- Masks and social distancing are required for both guests and staff.
- If you did not bring your own face masks, one disposable mask per day will be provided to each guest.
- We will collect your signed Certificate of Compliance.
- No handshaking and no hugs. 😞
- Upon check-in we will welcome you, show you to your room and show you how to use the keypad entry system. We will also tell you a few things about your room.
- The number of guests staying at the B&B at any one time may be limited.
- Guest rooms are left vacant for at least 24 hours between guests, then thoroughly cleaned and disinfected for your stay.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in various locations throughout the B&B. Please leave these in their designated location.
- In the common areas, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting will be done frequently with special attention to high-touch items such as doors, doorknobs, remotes, room phones and tabletops.
- You will most likely see us cleaning during your visit.
- A cleaning register will be kept for each room.
Your guest room:
- With your permission, during your stay we will do daily guest room housekeeping in order to clean and sanitize your bathroom and high touch areas.
- Triple sheeting will be used on beds.
- We’ve removed in-room items that could allow for the transmission of COVID-19, including decorative pillows, magazines, pens, room-book binder and journals.
- Please, do ask if you wish an extra blanket.
- Bathroom amenities will still be available.
- A cleaning register will be kept for each room.
- If you need assistance dial 290 from your room phone. We live on site and are here to assist.
Breakfast & Refreshments:
- Breakfast will be served at separate tables rather than at our common table 😞.
- Both of our Bosch dishwashers sanitize dishes.
- We will be happy to serve you drinks from the bar, coffee, and tea – just ask!
- You are welcome to help yourself to self-serve snacks which will be individually wrapped.
Lots to do:
- There is lots to do
- Mountain biking
- Paddle boarding
- Kayaking & canoeing
- Relaxing in the hammock!
- Driving tours
- Making S’mores
- Enjoying meals out
Upon check out:
- Check out will be touchless.
- All bedding will be washed including the blankets and mattress pad.
- Rooms will be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Weather permitting, we will leave blinds and windows open in between stays to increase air flow and sunshine.
- Rooms will be left vacant for a minimum 24 hours before the next guest arrives.
Many thanks for your understanding and respect of the “new normal” under which we are required to operate.
Here is the link to the Vermont Department of Health for more information on travel to Vermont .
We look forward to being back ‘inn’ business once again! 😷 Give us a call with your reservation dates and will be happy to help you plan an itinerary to make the most of the time you will be here. Or you can still book online.