A Green Hotel in the Green Mountain State
At an Awards Ceremony held on April 20th 2009 in the House Chamber of the Vermont State House, Governor Jim Douglas presented a plaque to Peter and Susan, recognizing West Hill House B&B as a Green Hotel in the Green Mountain State.
We have also been designated as a Green Leader at Gold Level by Trip Advisor. As a Green Hotel we take our stewardship of the environment and our energy usage very seriously.
- Virtually all of the electricity you use comes from our part of a group owned solar array
- In your room, you will see a large blue recycling bin for paper, glass, plastic and metal objects.
- Over half of our garbage is separated for recycling and composting.
- Most of the hot water you will use is heated by our roof mounted solar panels in southern Vermont
- We offer beautiful spring-fed well water from every faucet, and we encourage our guests not to bring bottled water.
- We clean the B&B with natural products
- We provide complimentary EV charging for our guests, both for Tesla and 240V J1772.
Our Green Hotel status report and related policies: