Our beautiful state attracts an eclectic mix of artists, makers, and culinary talents and due to this melting pot of personalities and skillsets, you’ll find some of the best breweries in Vermont tucked away within the Mad River Valley and the nearby villages. Craft beers lovers can create quite an exciting itinerary during their stay for tasting and dining at these nearby Vermont brew pubs.
One of our favorite breweries is also the closest stop to our Vermont Bed and Breakfast. Lawson’s Finest Liquids was founded in 1990 by Sean Lawson with a home batch of a Maple Wheat Ale—now you’ll find 15 brews on the tap list at the brewery. As one of the best breweries in Vermont, the list of awards and accolades Lawson’s has accumulated over the years is impressive. We always recommend that our guests head to this German-style beer hall for pints, pretzel bites, and patio seating.
Before you start planning your beer tasting tour in Vermont, you’ll want to get your lodging on the books, and our Warren Bed and Breakfast is an ideal place to make your home base. West Hill House B&B is the perfect place to unwind and relax on a getaway for two, a couple’s vacation, or even a solo retreat to reset. Our guest rooms and suites are unique and feature high-end amenities to make your stay memorable and comfortable. Head over to our booking calendar and reserve today!
Best Breweries in Vermont near our B&B
As a guest at our Warren Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be near some of the best breweries in Vermont for a pint and a delicious meal with friends. Here is a list of the closest options:
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids: Known as one of the best breweries in Vermont, Lawson’s is an excellent spot for a craft beer or tasting flight and light fare. Try the artisan cheese board with a local selection from the nearby dairy farms.
- Good Measure Pub & Brewery: Located in Northfield, head to this locally-owned brewery for farmhouse-style beers, New England pale ales, creative meaty sandwiches, and smash burgers.
- Bent Hill Brewing: This bright and airy brewpub offers beautiful views of the valley; you’ll find an all-vegetarian menu to pair with their handcrafted ales.
- Hogback Mountain Brewing: This local brewery’s patio and beer garden is an excellent place for a round of cornhole, tasting flights, and farm-to-table dining.
- Alchemist Beer: Perhaps one of the most well-known breweries in Vermont, Alchemist offers brewery tours, an outdoor beer garden, and salty snacks.
Other Breweries in Vermont about an hour or so from our B&B:
A handful of some of the best breweries in Vermont are located about an hour or so from our B&B and are well worth the scenic drive, especially for those serious beer connoisseurs: Long Trail Brewing Company, 14th Star Brewing Company, and a little further away the famous Hill Farmstead Brewery – you need to make an appointment to visit there!
Join us for a Single Malt Tasting:
Something unique to a stay at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast is our Quaich single malt scotch bar. Our Innkeeper Peter is from Scotland and loves to share his knowledge with his guests. We feature a variety of malts from the islands and Speyside with a tasting of four to five pours. Our guests who come as a couple will often share this experience, and it’s best to be enjoyed in the evening when you’re in for the night! You’ll also appreciate our handpicked selection of other fine liquors, wine, and beer to be imbibed during your stay.
Relax and Unwind at our Vermont Bed and Breakfast
After touring the best breweries in Vermont, our B&B will be a welcome reprieve to relax and settle in for the night. The Mountain Room (en suite bath pictured above) is one of the coziest rooms at our Inn. Just up one set of stairs from the dining space, you’ll love the warm glow from the gas fireplace, a comfortable king-size bed, and the double jetted tub with a separate shower. This is just one of the many fantastic choices for lodging at our B&B. Start planning your next getaway and book today!