As you begin sifting through all of the best things to do in Vermont, you’ll first notice an abundance of activities, attractions, and adventures to discover here—which ones are worth your precious time on your vacation? Let’s narrow it down for you. During Autumn, it’s all about the stunning fall foliage, crisp mornings, evenings by the roaring fire, warm apple cider, and tasty baked treats.
Thankfully, you’ll find all of these seasonal delights and much more at (or right nearby) our Vermont Bed and Breakfast. Lucky for us, many of the best things to do in Vermont happen in the fall—so the ideal getaway to Green Mountain State begins at West Hill House B&B. From the moment you check in, you’ll feel warmly welcomed and encouraged to make yourself at home in our historic Inn. Settle into your guest suite and let the adventure begin!
Ultimate List of Things to do in Vermont this Fall
One of the best parts of planning a vacation is the anticipation for what’s to come, and with so many fantastic things to do in Vermont, there won’t be a dull moment on your trip. Pair that with relaxing spaces, comfortable places to unwind, and personable service, and your getaway to Vermont will be unique and memorable.
Check out our top ten things to do in Vermont this fall:
- Covered Bridges Scenic Drive: These architectural landmarks are a classic activity in Vermont, incredibly charming to out-of-town visitors; we have a detailed route for guests to best enjoy the iconic covered bridges of the area.
- Vermont Cheese Trail: Our state is home to more than 45 cheesemakers, and a design-your-own tour of the nearby creameries and farms is one of the best things to do in Vermont, especially for those with culinary-based interests.
- Breweries and Distilleries: You’ll find a great selection of locally brewed beers and distilled spirits near our B&B, a few of our favorites are Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Bent Hill Brewing, and Mad River Distillers.
- Sugarbush Soaring: Take one of the most fantastic glider rides in Autumn, you’ll soar above the Mad River Valley awash in the beautiful fall foliage with these expert pilots.
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Creamery: Ice cream isn’t just for summer! Head out on a fall drive to this famous creamery for treats, tours, and an insider’s look at the iconic brand.
- Cold Hollow Cider Mill: A must-visit in Autumn, this historic cider mill, bakery, and farm store is one of the best ways to ring in the harvest, get in the holiday spirit, and taste some amazing and iconic treats (don’t miss the area-famous apple cider donuts.)
- Visit the Warren Store: Just a few minutes from our B&B, the country store is the heart of our village! There’s a deli for delicious sandwiches and baked goods, a shop with locally made goods and gifts, and a gathering place to meet the locals.
- Day Trip to Montpelier: Head to the smallest capital of the US, just a 45-minute scenic drive from our B&B. You’ll find some of the best things to do in Vermont here, from tours of the State House to informative museums, tasty restaurants, and charming shops.
- Hiking in Vermont State Parks: Fall is a perfect time to walk in the nearby Vermont State Parks and nature trails. A few of our favorites are Allis State Park, Branbury State Park, and Camel’s Hump State Park.
- Spend Thanksgiving at our B&B: Each year, we open our dining table to our guests for a decadent and home-cooked feast for Thanksgiving dinner—check out our package to add this meal on if you’re staying with us over the holiday!
Romantic and Cozy Lodging in Vermont for Fall
One of the all-time best things to do in Vermont during your stay at West Hill House B&B is cozy up in your guest suite with a good book and warm fire. You’ll feel the stress melt away as you put your feet up and relax in your private room—better yet, soak in your en suite jetted tub, slip on your fluffy robe, and pamper yourself. Join us each morning of your stay for a delicious, home-cooked breakfast, always included with your room rate.
Get your reservation on the books before we fill up for Autumn; plan your getaway to Vermont today!