Located in Central Vermont, the Mad River Valley includes the towns of Duxbury, Fayston, Moretown, Waitsfield, and Warren, Vermont. It’s also home to the popular Sugarbush Resort & Mad River Glen Resort. The Mad River Valley is a beautiful place to vacation, offering travelers a quiet country escape with a unique sense of place. It is an area that boasts an unusual blend of unparalleled beauty, year-round outdoor activities, a vibrant arts scene, a deep sense of community, and picturesque scenery.
During the summer months, you certainly won’t run out of things to do. However, when you’re not busy exploring the valley, our Vermont Bed and Breakfast offers you an unparalleled opportunity to relax and unwind in the quiet countryside. We offer our guests a warm welcome, personalized concierge service, luxurious guest rooms, and plenty of amenities throughout the duration of your stay. You won’t find better lodging in the incredible Mad River Valley. Book your room with us today, and come explore with us this summer!
The Best Lodging in the Mad River Valley
Nestled in the quaint town of Warren, Vermont is West Hill House Bed and Breakfast, the finest choice for lodging in the Mad River Valley. Our Inn is nestled in the foothills of the stunning Green Mountains and offers 9 acres of beautiful seasonal gardens, meadows and forest. We’re just minutes from Sugarbush Resort, too, where you’ll find golfing and other fun activities.
Inside our 160-year old Bed and Breakfast in the Mad River Valley, you’ll find nine exclusive guest rooms, each with private en-suite bathrooms. In the bathrooms, you’ll find either indulgent steam showers or jetted tubs, and in the rooms will be the most comfortable beds you’ve ever slept in. Your stay comes with a host of complimentary amenities, including individually controlled air conditioning for the coming summer months.
Each morning of your stay, you’ll awaken to the mouthwatering smells of breakfast being made fresh for you, from scratch in our kitchen by your host, Susan. Our sumptuous three-course breakfast starts with fruit juice, homemade breads or muffins, and a specially prepared fruit dish, followed by a tantalizing hot entrée. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and homemade treats are always available throughout the day, too.
In the afternoons, we also offer wine by the bottle as well as by the glass, and a selection of Vermont beers. We also have champagnes, both French and domestic. In addition to this, we have our unique Quaich Single Malt Scotch bar, and would love to share a bit of this Scottish history and tradition with you!
Things to do in the Mad River Valley This Summer
While you’re staying at our Mad River Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’re free to fill your days with as much or as little activity as you want. We love sharing our little slice of the valley with our guests and are happy to offer personalized concierge service both before and during your trip. It’s our goal to help you enjoy the very best of this incredible area – and there is a lot to share! You can find more information about our favorite things to do in the Mad River Valley during the summer here, but below are a few of our top suggestions.
- On a warm day, what better way to cool off than to hit the water? Grab a paddle and kayak or canoe (or float!) your way along the Winooski or Mad Rivers. We work closely with local outfitter Clearwater Sports, and have built the perfect Kayak Tour for you!
- Get outside for some incredible hiking. It’s a great way to enjoy a bit of exercise while on vacation, but you’ll also be rewarded with exquisite views of the Mad River Valley. The Vermont Long Trail passes a short drive from our Inn, and we’d be happy to recommend a hike or two while you’re here staying at our Mad River Valley Bed and Breakfast.
- A must-visit event in Vermont during summer is the Farmers’ Market in neighboring Waitsfield, which takes place every Saturday morning, May to October. It’s a great place to pick up fresh produce and goodies for a picnic lunch, along with plenty of artisan goods to take home.
- Enjoy some golf at the neighboring Sugarbush Resort. They also offer scenic lift rides and downhill mountain biking, and more throughout the summer.
- During summer, Mad River Valley Arts puts together a wonderful variety of art events and activities. Some of our favorites include the Green Mountain Watercolor Exhibition, the Valley Garden Tour, and the Green Mountain Photo Show. It’s looking to be a promising summer of art after a break in 2020.
After all these activities, you will definitely need to relax your body by enjoying a glass of wine, beer, or scotch with us, while putting your feet up on our patio or one of the many tranquil spots around our yard & Inn. Summer is waiting! Plans your stay at our Mad River Valley Bed and Breakfast today!